Dec 31, 2009

Bye Bye 2009

As I see the final day of 2009 arrive, 
I'm content I did more than just survive, 
For this year has given me numerous memories, 
Some sweet some sour but none with boundaries.  

Let my heart rule my head, I had firmly said. 
My dream would come true, I had totally misread. 
Regrets none, from the failure of my mission, 
For it revealed where lay my true passion.  

Looking ahead at the New Year slowly creep, 
I know I've many new resolutions to keep. 
For the fruits of my labour to reap, 
I've miles to go before I sleep.

5 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! This is great. I guess I have the honor to be the 1st to comment....and I simply LOVED it....... You couldn't have written anything better than this to explain the last year!!! Except for an important part is missing out.hope you realize it soon...and don't forget to amend it.....But I am happy that you finally know what you want.... :)
Now that's all .....
and ALL THE BEST....
Keep writing HOLMES......!!!!

-- Watson.

Chandrika Shubham said...

'I've miles to go before I sleep.'
I liked this line.
Beautifully written. :)

mOhan said...

Thx Watson & Chandrika !

@Chandrika last line is an inspiration from Robert Frost's poem

AS said...

hii

nice little poem it is :)

my resolution for 2010 was that i'll not keep any resolutions form now onwards :P

hehe!

mOhan said...

thanks AS! i guess that's a wise decision :)